Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t be a victim of scams.
If you come across players offering free Gold, characters, Stars and EXP, refuse.
Never give out personal information like e-mail accounts, passwords and credit card information. If you have concerns about the game, make sure you are connected to an authorized Word Cosmos site or support platform. Remember, a real Word Cosmos staff will never ask for your password.
Please consider your own e-mail security, and do not reply to unsolicited e-mails that invite you to launch a web hyperlink, attachment or even provide login information.
If you think you’ve been a victim of scams, change your email password and contact your e-mail provider immediately.
Please help us keep the player environment fun and clean! Stay reminded of the following tips:
1. Play by the rules.
2. Control your temper – verbal abuse on other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games.
3. Treat all players as you would like to be treated – fairly.
4. Play for your own enjoyment and improvement of your skills.
5. Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll only put down yourself if you do – and many such comments are actually now illegal.
Furthermore, Word Cosmos reserves the right to ban any account that has been reported for malicious conduct if investigation proves it right.
Keep your login data safe
Hacking, scams or even phishing are some malicious activities that allow the unauthorized intrusion to a device to access passwords and personal data.
In order to keep yourself and your account protected from these threats, we urge you to remember the four dont’s below:
1. Don’t share your account info with anyone – not even to us! We will never ask for your login details.
2. Don’t share your Password to anyone.
3. Don’t buy stuff (e.g. stars, gold, characters) outside the game.
4. Don’t trust sites that offer freebies.
If you notice any malicious activities in your account, change your passwords immediately and report to your service provide. Remember, Word Cosmos does not ask players to connect their game accounts to any Google Play or App Store account.
Can I delete my account?
Players can’t delete their game accounts. However, if you wish to create a new account you may do the following steps:
1. Go to Device Settings > Apps > Word Cosmos > Clear Data (Android Only)
2. Uninstall Word Cosmos > Reinstall Word Cosmos (for Android and iOS)
3. Make sure to save your account’s Player ID and Password, in case you change your mind.
Can I change my game name?
Yes, you may! Certain charges apply to changing your in-game name.
To change your game name, follow the steps below:
1. Go to your current name profile by tapping on your name.
2. Tap edit and change your name.
3. Pay with Gold. Your game name should be updated right after you confirm.
Will you need my password to check on my game issues?
No. Never. Please keep in mind that we will never ask for any login details or passwords.
Never share your App Store, Google Play information and passwords or any other personal information with anyone.
Should you receive malicious messages or e-mails asking for your personal or account information, please report it to your e-mail host or Apple or Google immediately.
My device is not supported.
To ensure optimum game performance, we only support the following devices enumerated below:
- Apple devices running from iOS 10.2 and up
- Android devices running from Android 4.0.4 and up
Please update your device to a newer iOS or Android version if your device runs on lower versions than the one specified above. Updating iOS or Android can be found in Apple Support or Google Help
Where can I find my Player ID and Password?
You can find it in the Settings page of the game.
How do I backup my game progress?
Your game progress is backed up automatically based on our optimized save timing system. However, there are certain timing limitations to it described in the following scenarios:
1. When you lose your account, we can only recover the data that was backed from the last time you played online.
2. When you load the backup of your account, there might be instances when the data is not exactly as you remember it.
3. When you use your account in multiple devices, the current device data will be auto saved. This may result to some offline data being replaced depending on the current device that you are using.
Still, we are working on some improvements regarding these limitations to give you the best experience that you can get.
Can I transfer my game progress to another Android or iOS device?
Absolutely! This is the perfect time for when your Player ID and Password comes in handy. You can do any of the following steps to transfer your account to another device:
1. Go to Settings > Load Backup > Enter the Player ID and Password of the account you wish to transfer.
2. When you first launch the app, Terms of Service popup > Load Backup > Enter the Player ID and Password of the account you wish to transfer.
Note: Player ID and Password is located at the top part of the Settings page.
I lost my account! What can I do?
The following are easy steps to recover your account:
A. Load Backup Transfer
1. In the Settings page, Load Backup and enter the required details.
2. Once validated, restart the app and it will load the data that was last backed up in our server.
B. I can’t recall my Player ID and Password
Kindly contact our Customer Support using the Contact Us button and provide the following details:
1. Game name
2. EXP level, Star count, or current rank
3. Explain how the account was lost
C. It’s not working at all! What do I do?
If none of the above steps worked, please go to the Contact Us button in the game settings or send us a message on any of our support platforms.
How do I earn Gold, Stars, and Exp?
Gold is Word Cosmos’ in-game currency. You may purchase new characters and funky skins using Gold. It is earned by opening Daily Chests, purchasing Gold offers in the Shop, and can also be gained as match rewards.
Stars are trophies earned when you win matches, both online and offline. Similarly, you lose trophies when you lose matches. Stars decide your rank, which is a requirement for moving to farther planets in the game.
Exp are experience points that you earn from answering questions. It is rewarded after matches, both online and offline. The blue progress bar on top of the game’s main screen indicates your Player Level and how much Exp you need to level up.
When you level up, your Daily Gold Limit and Gold rewards increase. This allows you to earn more gold from every match, making it faster to save up for new characters and skins.
Note: Gold, Stars and EXP cannot be bought outside the game. If you meet someone selling these items, please report it to us immediately.
What is a Mystery Box?
The Mystery Box is patterned on a Japanese random toy vending machine called ‘Gacha’. In the game, when you open a Mystery Box for 100 Gold, you get the chance to gain a new character or an additional character card for unlocking skins.
What is in the Daily Chest?
Daily Chest gives you free Gold rewards once a day. You just have to win 10 medals from Battle Mode to unlock it. As you rank up, the Daily Chest Gold amount will increase.
The medals you earn when the chest is cooling down will not be counted.
Getting disconnected from the game
Word Cosmos is a player-versus-player (PvP) game that provides two game modes: Battle (online) and Practice (offline). The following are possible reasons for getting disconnected from the game:
1. When the app goes into background while in a Battle or Practice match.
2. When the internet connection has been interrupted during a Battle match.
3. When a player inadvertently exits the app.
Note: A match disconnection will automatically stop the match, this will result into some Star deductions for the disconnected player.
Can I get a refund for an in-app purchase?
In-app purchases are basically non-refundable but in rare cases, exceptions can be made. If you or your child accidentally purchased something, you can try the steps that follow.
For purchases made with an Apple (iOS) device, FreCre, Inc. has no direct access for refunds. Kindly follow the steps below.
1. Please visit Apple Support
2. Check “Contact iTunes Store Support”
3. Select “Purchases, billing and redemption”
For purchases made with an Google (Android) device, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to in-game settings
2. Select ‘Contact Us’ and choose your inquiry
3. You can then compose an e-mail to our Support Mail (email@example.com)
4. Please state the name of the purchase and add the receipt or transaction ID of the purchase
My purchase was cancelled. Will I still be charged?
Don’t worry. No charges will be applied for that order. The cancelled purchase may be caused by a difference of bank, billing address or registered name in your Google Wallet or Apple ID.
Google Play may put a “reservation” status on your credit card temporarily with the same value. Just confirm bank details and log into Google Payments and verify information.
In iOS, you may view your purchase history in the App Store for confirmation. For problems, please contact Apple directly.
I’m having trouble making an in-app purchase.
If you are having trouble with payments in iOS, make sure to check the following below:
1. Configure device settings before making an order.
2. Contact iTunes Support for orders that has been processing for 24 hours.
3. Check iTunes in-app purchase restriction guide to identify error in ordering.
For Android, please be reminded that Google handles all payments done through Google Play Store. Therefore, for purchasing issues, please consult Google Support. If you get the error saying your payment method is not eligible, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to payments.google.com
2. Select ‘Payment Methods’
3. For credit/debit card, check the expiration date & billing address
4. Make sure the billing country and legal country matches
If none of these worked out, please try a different payment method.
What variant of English does Word Cosmos use?
Word Cosmos is adapting American English. You can expect that Word Cosmos questions and words are adapting the American English (AmE, AE, AmEng, USEng, en-US) in both spelling and speech functions.
Why is it that nothing happens when I tap the WeChat/Line button in the ‘Contact Us’ popup in the game settings?
For the WeChat/Line button to function properly, please make sure you have those apps installed in your phone. Some devices may not redirect properly when you don’t have those apps installed in your phone.
If you find that none of our FAQ answers your questions or nothing really works, please go visit our Contact page or tap the ‘Contact Us‘ button in the game settings.
So we may help you better, please include the following information in your message:
1. Your game name
2. Your last login date
3. Your player level and rank
4. Details of your concern
Please don’t hesitate to contact us! We will do our best to help.